If you are a fitness enthusiast, you might have lots of questions regarding getting membership at a gym like:
- What are the best gyms to join?
- What are the cheapest gyms to join? and
- What membership plans do gyms offer?
If you’ve asked any of these questions, and are looking for a gym in Mississauga, this article is for you. So, let’s dive right in.
What is the process to sign up for membership at a local gym?
- Look for what your requirements are
- Consider your budget
- Check what the membership is offering
- Consider workouts you like
- Fix the schedule that suits you
- Know the cancellation policy
- Sign up for a membership plan
How To Choose The Right Gym To Join?
If you’re looking for the right gym that fulfills all your needs, you need to consider some underlying factors.
- Gym hours: If you are a busy person, it becomes challenging to balance family, work, and give time to personal fitness. Just because you don’t have much time to spare, you might look for a gym that can easily accommodate your tight schedule. So, gyms that open early and close late are the right ones for you. But you need to check out what fitness programs are offered during your gym visiting hours.
- Location: It’s an important factor in choosing the right gym. It can be challenging for you if you’re signing up for a gym that’s far away from your workplace and home. So, the right gym for you will be the one whose location is convenient for you.
- Caveat: Sometimes, there won’t be any gyms that offer what you need at a convenient location for you. In this case, you’d have to take a careful cost-benefit approach to deciding whether the trek to the right gym is worth it for you.
- For KONGA, we have long time members that travel great distances to take advantage of our unique membership offering.
- The Gym’s Hygiene: No matter how perfect the location and timing are, it cannot be the perfect gym for you unless it’s clean and hygienic.
- Staff: Apart from equipment, another factor to check is the gym’s staff. The qualification and training of staff matter a lot because you can need them throughout your time in the gym for anything.
- At KONGA, we work with highly trained & experienced staff who can guide you through your fitness plan step by step. Led by a former olympic fighter, you can expect the highest standards of staff care and service.
Breakdown Of Costs Involved In Joining A Gym
Following are some of the costs associated with joining a gym:
- Registration fees: It’s the fee you need to pay before joining a gym. Sometimes, this can be called an activation or one-time setup fee and can go all the way up to $100 or more (usually, it’s in the $40 to $60 range)
- Annual fees: They refer to the regular fee you’ll have to pay to access the gym’s services. Sometimes, these fees are charged monthly but a yearly commitment is required.
- Prepaying membership: This option allows you to pay your annual fees in advance. As a result, you get a discount on your fees.
- Additional fees: You may be required to purchase a uniform, gloves, or other types of gear in order for you to properly partake in your gym memberhsip program
- Cancellation fees: Different gyms will vary in their approach to cancellation fees.
- Suspension fees/policies: Gyms can be very busy. In places where classes are in high demand, gyms may include some sort of suspension fee or policy to ensure the most number of people can take advantage of the services being offered.
What Memberships Do Different Types Of Gyms Offer?
Different types of gyms offer different membership plans.
Konga Fitness is one of the best gyms in Mississauga.We offer a unique and comprehensive variety of membership options, all of which are designed to help you achieve a balanced and confident lifestyle. Our membership options include high impact and family friendly services listed below:
- Personal Training
- MMA Classes
- Strength & Conditioning
- Muay Thai
- Kids Martial Arts
- Women’s Classes
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Group Classes
The trainers at the gym are certified and highly trained. You can also get free assessments & consults. Moreover, we are open 24/7 and you can contact us at any time.
There are basically three planet fitness membership plans. Classic membership is around $10 and provides you unlimited access to your “home” gym and fitness training. If you get the No Commitment package, you can get all that classic membership offers, but can cancel your membership at any time.
The Black Card membership is the premium package that costs you $21.99/month and allows you to use all Planet Fitness gyms and massage chairs, unlimited hydromassage and fitness training, half-price cooler drinks, and use of tanning and total body enhancement. Along with that, it permits bringing a guest at any time.
Fit4Less is a known gym in Canada that offers two types of membership plans. Joining it can cost you $44, and $4.99 is charged bi-weekly on a one-year contract basis.
The membership plan of Fit4Less provides you with access to all equipment at your home gym. You can also get access to virtual fitness and cycling.
If you get its Black Card membership, you’ll have to pay $10.99 bi-weekly with no annual fee. With this, you can get unlimited access to equipment at all locations. Moreover, you can also share your membership with guests and get a free 30-minute express circuit, unlimited use of massage chairs and hydro massage beds, free tanning, half-price cooler drinks, and a free t-shirt and a gym bag.
Ymca gym membership is not the same for every location, but its members are allowed access to their community centre of choice, which includes swimming pools, running tracks, workout, and spin studios, and unlimited group fitness classes.
It offers four membership plans which are for; Adults aged 30+ cost $49-59/month; Young Adults aged 15-29, which cost $39/month; Young Adults aged 21-29, which cost $39-45/month; and Child/Youth aged 14 and under, which you can get in $45/month.
What type of services do gyms offer?
Different gyms offer different services. At gyms, you get access to various cardio workout equipment, weight machines, and training classes that may prompt you to do different types of workouts. Some also offer nutrition advice, weight loss challenges, and boot camps.
Some of the gyms also offer martial arts and self-defense training for kids. They might also offer specialized yoga classes for families and adults so they can do such activities with ease there.